If you do not intend to study a deck for some time do not want to delete it, you may wish to hide it. There are two ways to do this.
A) Export the deck and delete it.
- Choose File → Export. Select
Anki Deck Package (*.apkg)from the Export Format drop-down.
- Select the deck to be removed from the Include drop-down.
- Make sure that Include scheduling information and Include media are checked—otherwise you will have lost your review history and possibly your media when it comes time to use the deck again.
- Click Export and save the apkg file somewhere you can find it again.
- Finally, delete the deck from your collection.
You can restore the deck to your collection by choosing File → Import and importing the deck again. It will be restored with the same name it had when you exported it.
B) Create an "unused" deck.
You can create a tree of decks in Anki by dragging and dropping the decks in the deck list. You can use a combination of this property and options groups to hide decks you do not intend to use:
- Click Create Deck and add a deck called "Unused," "Hidden," or something similar. You can place a tilde (~) before the name (like "~Unused") if you want to force the deck to appear at the bottom of the list.
- Drag and drop the deck you wish to hide to underneath the new deck. Then collapse the Unused deck by clicking the minus sign next to the name.
- You can stop here if you're happy with this; however, if you leave it this way, due counts will still be displayed. If you would rather get rid of them, continue with step 4.
- Click the options button next to the Unused deck and choose Options.
- Click the options button in the upper-right-hand corner and add a new options group (you can call it "unused deck" or something similar).
- On the New Cards tab, select a new cards/day limit of 0. On the reviews tab, select a maximum reviews/day limit of 0.
To restore the deck, simply drag and drop it back into the main deck list (you can go either to the very top or the very bottom of the list to get the top level). You can leave the Unused deck for future use.